We Help Our Clients Navigate Through Complex Commercial Real Estate Transactions
- Counsel for local and national owners and investors in connection with complex commercial leasing and acquisition transactions.
- Counsel for Utah developer in all aspects of acquisition, development, and leasing of several mixed-use, residential, office, and retail projects.
- Counsel for developer/landlord in connection with leasing and development of approximately 200,000 square foot corporate headquarters office buildings in Lehi, Utah.
- Represent regional industrial developer in the development and leasing of industrial manufacturing, warehouse, and office buildings in Utah and Arizona.
- Counsel for national loan servicer in real estate workout transactions and negotiation and drafting of retail and restaurant leases for shopping center assets.
- Represent regional grocery store owner and developer in the acquisition, development, and leasing of shopping center projects in Utah, Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho.
- Counsel for multi-billion dollar private equity fund in the disposition and leasing of commercial real estate assets in Utah, Nevada, and Colorado.
- Represent developer/landlord in development and leasing of shopping center project in Lehi, Utah.
- Counsel to landlords and tenants in various office, retail and industrial leasing transactions.
- Counsel to developers of various mixed-use projects, including drafting of necessary declarations of covenants, conditions and restrictions, and reciprocal easements, leases, purchase and sale documents.
- Counsel for multi-billion-dollar mixed-use project on the Las Vegas Strip including two condominium hotel towers, a 75,000 square foot casino, 300,000 square feet of retail and restaurant space and various resort-related amenities. Assisted with all aspects of development, including preparation of federal and state disclosure and registration documents, condominium formation documents, and condominium unit purchase and sale agreements. Advised client on Interstate Land Sales Full Disclosure Act compliance, construction financing, and development of a condominium hotel unit rental program and oversaw and advised client on various disputes between condominium unit purchasers and developer.
Representative Presentations and Publications
- "Inside-Outside Counsel Collaboration: Building A Win-Win In Las Vegas," Editor Q&A, The Metropolitan Corporate Counsel (September 2013)
- "Innovative Strategies for Taming Litigation Spend," Panelist, LexisNexis CounselLink Webinar (March 22, 2012)
- "Interstate Land Sales Full Disclosure Act: Latest Developments - Ensuring Compliance with ILSA's Registration Requirements in the Absence of Clear Guidelines," Panelist, Stafford Legal Webinars (January 25, 2012)
- "Working Out Hotels With Residential & Other Non Hotel Components: Condo Hotels, Mixed Use/Timeshares/Destination Clubs," Presenter, IMN's 2nd Annual Distressed Hotels Symposium, Los Angeles, CA (November 8-9, 2010)
- "Legal Issues in the Complex Leasing Transaction Part I," Co-Author and Continuing Education Instructor, State of Utah Department of Commerce Division of Real Estate (Active License April 2010-April 2012)
- "Legal Issues in the Complex Leasing Transaction Part II," Co-Author and Continuing Education Instructor, State of Utah Department of Commerce Division of Real Estate (Active License April 2010-April 2012)
- "Distressed Condominium Projects-Look Closely Before You Buy," Author, The Utah Banker Magazine (March/April 2009)
- "A Practitioner's Guide to Key Legal & Documentation Issues: Sales & Marketing Compliance, Hotel Residence Documents, Operating & Management Agreements," Presenter, IMN's Annual Florida Symposium on Financing, Developing & Operating Mixed-Use Hospitality, Hotel Residences & Condo Hotels, Miami, FL (April 29-30, 2008)
- "What Every Real Estate Developer Should Know About The Interstate Land Sales Full Disclosure Act," Presenter, Utah State Bar, Real Property Section (April 19, 2007)
- "Sales & Marketing Compliance," Presenter, IMN's Annual Florida Symposium on Financing, Development and Operating Condo Hotels, Hollywood, FL (May 22-23, 2006)